My Spring Fashion Haul

Spring was definitely in the air this past weekend! Saturday morning I decided it was time to do a little spring cleaning in my closet. As I was looking through my closet, I noticed that I have a nice fall/winter wardrobe filled with leggings, jeans, sweaters, long sleeved tops, dresses, blazers, jackets, scarves and boots and I realized that I didn’t have much of a spring/summer wardrobe. I needed the basics: shorts, capris, short sleeved tops, tanks, dresses and shoes. Let’s just say, I needed a complete spring/summer wardrobe, but I didn’t want to spend a fortune so I set my budget and went shopping!

My first stop was Nordstrom Rack. I cruised the shoe section first, but there wasn’t much available in my size so I started looking through the racks and racks of clothes. I did find shorts and some tops that I liked, but couldn’t find anything in my size so I looked through the dress racks and found a sleeveless black floral print dress in my size. I tried it on, loved it and bought it for $29.99!

My next stop was Dilliard’s Clearance Center. I checked the shoe section first and again nothing much available in my size so I went to check out the clothes. There were so many racks of women’s clothes and it was overwhelming and difficult finding anything in my size, but I saw a rack of dresses and I found a tank style blue dress with black leopard print from Jessica Simpson in my size. I tried it on, it looked fabulous on so I bought it for $11.99!

Target was my next stop. I did find shorts, but they were a little too short for me to wear and there were some nice spring tops, but nothing appealed to me so I decided to check the clearance racks before I left and it’s good I did because I found a pretty tank style black dress with pink roses by Xhilaration that was in my size and the last one! I had to try the dress on and it looked great! It was marked down to $10.99 so it became mine!

Old Navy was my next stop to check out their “40% off the entire store” sale! Their spring clothes were out, but there wasn’t anything that really caught my eye and the shorts were too short for me. I did find denim Bermuda shorts that I liked, but my size was gone! I checked out the clearance racks and found two dresses. A black, sleeveless dress with flecks of silver and a burgundy dress with ¾” sleeves. I tried both on, both looked great and both were marked down to $8.99 each. I then browsed the shoe section and found black open toe mules in my size ($19.95 after the 40% discount). I paid for everything then headed to my last destination.

My last stop was Charming Charlie. The store was filled with the colors of spring! Handbags, wallets, shoes, jewelry and sunglasses! I wasn’t looking to buy anything, I just wanted to see what was new for spring, but then I saw the jewelry clearance racks and it was buy one, get one free! I found two necklace/earring sets in blue and in coral $9.95 for one the other free and two pairs of earrings one for $5.99 the other free. I paid for everything and headed home!

I may not have found some of the basics I was looking for, but I did find five dresses, a pair of shoes and a few jewelry pieces and spent around $100! Not bad for a day’s worth of shopping! I will need to plan another shopping trip soon to find the rest of the basics I need to complete my spring/summer wardrobe which means there will be another fashion haul blog coming soon too! Until then, stay happy, healthy and beautiful!






Comments

Popular Posts